Brainstorm and finalize title and subtitle
Read through aloud
Create a reverse outline
Brainstorming on “Giving and Receiving”
- When Receiving Is Actually Giving
- Give the Gift of Receiving
- Flow Like the Sea of Galilee
- Miracle, Biblical
- The Two Seas of Palestine
- Receiving is also an act of giving
- Start by giving, and first, give to yourself
- The parable of the two seas
Add more of the value prop (from the pinned post) to the About page
Lead with your mission for the publication, and support it with your:
- Personal expertise (establishing credibility)
- Clear value proposition (illuminating the intersection of money and meaning)
About Page, Pinned Post, and Welcome Email
- Mission statement:
- This is strong and true to you, but can you compress it? My suggestion:
On Money and Meaning aims to explore wealth and well-being through a range of subjects and unique perspectives, expressed through stories and vignettes that bring meaning to your life and touch your heart.
On Money and Meaning explores wealth and well-being through through stories and unique perspectives that I hope will touch your heart.
If you think the “stock market” is a giant casino, I hope to illuminate for you that it is not. Rather it is an avenue for anyone who wishes to own a sliver of global economic activity. It can be a giant wealth-creation machine if you have a broad perspective, a thoughtful investment approach, and patience.
If you think your well-being is primarily sourced from outside of yourself, or worse – from your wealth – it’s my hope to share insights through stories that illustrate that well-being is primarily found within.
Finally, if you’re skeptical that money and meaning can have anything in common, I also encourage you to tune in. For example, both money and meaning require us to embrace vulnerability…
- Focus on details that add to your credibility (bolded) and what people would want to know about you.
- How, specifically (with concrete examples), do you practice personal development? For how long as personal development been a focus of yours?
My name is James. This space represents the intersection of my professional and personal life. I own a wealth management business where we empower meaningful lives for clients by aligning their finances with their dreams. When I’m not being a dad to my twin daughters and a loving spouse to my wife, I am a personal development practitioner – exploring how to become a better human being and become better at being human.
- Five Elements:
- About the publication
- Personal bio
- Newsletter logistics/schedule
- Subscriber benefits (value prop)
- Call to action (subscribe)