HPU Business Fellowship Application
- Make it more personal, less general.
- Use examples, reveal emotions, hint at your current aspirations.
- Rather than just mentioning what you like and what you’ve done, focus on impact. How have you impacted the groups/teams you’ve been involved in? And how have your experiences impacted you — prepared you for success as a business student in college?
- Address the prompt throughout your answer. Explain how each of your points contributes to your the question you’re answering.
- For the last question: “What are you genuinely interested in and why?
- Have a parent or friend as you that question, and record your answer (using voice memos or an app that transcribes what you say). Tell them to ask follow-up questions until they feel like they understand your interests.
- Here are some questions that might help:
- Why are you motivated to work hard? What are you working toward and why?
- What does the best version of you look like? In what ways are you currently different than the best version of you?
- What are the "specific purposes" of the projects you mention?
- What have been the tangible benefits of your efforts?